With the new emergency preparedness rules now in full swing, CMS surveys are charging ahead. If you are like most healthcare providers, you’ve probably come out with a mixed bag of results: you’re strong in some areas, but have a significant number of deficiencies in others.
Unfortunately, it’s not always obvious how to remedy those deficiencies, especially if you are still implementing a new emergency preparedness program that was recently built from scratch. With few successful models to work from, the task of re-working a plan that you thought met all the requirements can be daunting. This is when bringing in an experienced consultant can be invaluable.
We bring to the table over a decade of experience helping healthcare providers function smoothly in emergency situations large and small. Whether you’re an inpatient facility or providing home health services, we can work with you to assemble a preparedness program that not only meets all requirements, but fits in with your resources and reality.
Areas in which we can provide consulting include:
- Understanding an all-hazards approach.
- Addressing both community- and facility-based risks.
- Collaborating with public health agencies to understand community risks.
- Tracking the location of staff, physicians, contractors, and volunteers.
- Tracking the location and condition of patients, even in the event of an evacuation.
- Methods for sharing patient data and documentation in ways that are secure and protect patient privacy rights.
Policies and Procedures
- Training policies
- Patient protection policies
- Evacuation and sheltering procedures
- Table-top and full-scale testing exercises
- Community-based testing exercises
- Evacuation drills
When making plans for the worst possible scenarios, it makes sense to go with tested experience, rather than waiting for a real disaster to find out whether or not a plan will pan out. Get in touch today to find out more about how we can help you shore up any weak areas in your plan, or build upon strengths to help make your preparedness program a model worth emulating. Our goal is to help you be your best on the worst of days. Let’s talk and make it happen.